Monday, December 3, 2012

The journey begins ...

This is a journey I never pictured myself taking. In 2009, I was 35-years-old, a wife, mother to a boy and twin girls and owner of a small freelance public relations business. "Widow" didn't fit in that description of how I saw myself.

To me, the term "widow" conjured images of a lonely old woman. I was the opposite. I was young with a full life ahead of me. That life included my husband, Steve, me and our three children. We had so much to experience ... together. There was so much to see and do ... together. It's as if I could see it. However, that life I could picture so clearly wasn't to be.

Instead, on a summer day, I came home from work to find my husband had died.

Died?

Died.

I couldn't wrap my head around it. I left for work that morning and my life was how I knew it to be. Just hours later, the life I planned, the life I could so clearly see, was gone.

These have been three long, difficult years. Emotions have run the gamut. A lot has happened since that awful day. But, it hasn't been all bad.

During the past year or so, several people have suggested that I start a blog. I wasn't sure. Much of what I do for a living involves writing. While I love to write, I wasn't sure about "putting it all out there." However, I've been inspired by so many other young widows I have been fortunate to meet during these past few years.

Through this blog, I want to share my journey of life as a young woman, single mother and widow. The good, the bad and the who knows what!

So, my journey to a new normal continues ...



No comments:

Post a Comment